Etherpad is a solid ad-free collaborative real-time editor. Students are identified with a color and can edit the same document. Everyone can see the changes done by the others.
Etherpad was purchased by Google and is now open source. Several servers hosting Etherpad can be used. A school can also setup its own Etherpad server.
Moilla foundation hosts Etherpad: MoPad. To initiate an Etherpad session with your students:
- Open MoPad
- Click on Create a new public pad
- Share the page with your Share to classroom feature (see below)
When your Etherpad session started, your students and yourself are in real-time collaboration.
Here are some interesting articles to make good use of Etherpad in your classroom:
- Etherpad for co-operation/collaboration learning analytics
- Tips for Using Etherpad/PrimaryPad
- Use EtherPad Variants to Enhance Classroom Discussion and Group Work